Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Official Opening Day Roster

The Phillies are getting ready to kick off the 2009 MLB season tonight on ESPN2 versus the Atlanta Braves at 8PM. This is what we have all be waiting for, the Title Defense. In my previous post, I gave my prediction on my opening day roster and was wrong on a few spots. Here is the roster and in italics are the picks I got wrong with players in paranthesis as the wrong picks:

Catchers:
-Ruiz
-Coste (Paulino - traded to Giants for Taschner)

Infield:
-Howard
-Utley
-Rollins
-Feliz
-Dobbs
-Bruntlett
-Cairo (Ozuna - optioned to AAA)

Outfield:
-Ibanez
-Victorino
-Werth
-Stairs
(Jenkins - released)

Starting Pitchers:
-Hamels
-Myers
-Moyer
-Blanton
-Park

Bull Pen:
-Lidge (closer)
-Madson (set up)
-Eyre
-Condrey
-Durbin
-Taschner (Majewski - optioned to AAA)
-Happ

Phillies roster on Phillies.com

0 Comments: