Thursday, March 5, 2009

A season to remember - slideshow

Throughout the 2008 season, I went to a total of 6 regular season games, 1 preseason game, and 0 play off games (the latter was a huge bummer). I brought my camera with me to 4 games: 6/17 vs Boston; 6/22 vs the LA Angels; 7/4 vs the Mets; and 8/22 vs
the LA Dodgers. I also saw them play the Mets and Blue Jays in the regular season and the Blue Jays in the preseason.

In the Red Sox game, the Phillies lost 3-0 as John Lester earned the win for Boston. In the Angels game, the Phillies lost 3-2 as Cole Hamels pitched great minus his terrible 2nd inning. In the Mets game, the Phillies rallied in the 6th after being down 2-0 to tie it up and Shane Victorino hit the game winning single. Finally, in the Dodgers game, the Phillies plowed the Dodgers 8-1 with Ryan Howard's 4th inning 2 run home run off Greg Maddux to put the Phillies up 2-1 and ahead for good.

The pictures in this slide show weren't any true key parts of the season but they showed the players doing what they did best. They also show how the players contributed to this season leading to a World Championship. So enjoy the slide show of pictures I took (yes I know some of them are pretty good) and take the time to read the captions for more information on how these players did.

0 Comments: