Thursday, March 5, 2009

Phillies Nation scores big

I now have two Phillies blogs I love reading. The first is obviously We Hate To Lose which I am currently not writing for because the founder, Justin Evans wants to take it as a solo project for now. I still recommend it for everyone to read. The second blog I have become a big fan of is Phillies Nation. They are currently running a segment titled "100 greatest Phillies" which they are currently at #23 (Tug McGraw) and also doing recaps of the Spring Training games (by the way, they play Team USA at 12:05 which features Jimmy Rollins and Shane Victorino. 


But one segment that really stands out and everyone should really read is the interview done with Cole Hamels. I mean how the hell do you score an interview with the World Series MVP? I don't care how many strings were pulled but this was an excellent read. Some highlights:
On whether not he feels a Cy Young, 20-game season, or a no-hitter will happen this year: "I would like to win 20 games. With that Cy Youngs come and no-hitters just happen."

On goals next year: "Most of my new goals always start with me being able to pitch every possible start and to amass 200-plus innings."

On his curve ball: "My curve ball sucks"

Please read the rest, especially his bit on the "Hamels Foundation." It really gave me a different insight on him. I originally wasn't a big fan of his because he kind of comes off as a prima dona. You can also learn more about him on his official website

0 Comments: