Saturday, June 13, 2009

No Updates Today

Just like every Saturday, I'll be working all day from 12-10. If anything big occurs, I'll post about it later tonight when I get home. In the mean time, I want to talk about a few things from last night's loss to the Red Sox.

First I just want to know why Sergio Escalona wasn't called up when Scott Eyre went down. I don't care how well Kyle Kendrick was doing in the AAA. He is not a strike out pitcher and there is nothing special about his stuff. He should really have been sent to Japan.

I know Ryan Howard tied the game in the bottom of the ninth with a home run but there is no excuse to strike out four times in a game.

Jimmy Rollins is starting look a little more comfortable at the plate. As the lead off, you have to make pitchers throw strikes. He is not known for that and isn't a true lead off hitter but when he's on, he sparks the team. He almost had a game winning shot last night that fell a few feet short.

Now this is where I will go off. How the hell do the umpires NOT review the home run hit by Greg Dobbs that was called foul in extra innings. That ball appeared to be fair and the umpires didn't even budge to give it a look. I think if a manager wants a review, it should be mandatory that the umpires look it over. That is complete bull sh*t and the league should do something about it.

0 Comments: