Friday, August 14, 2009

Classless Fan Turns Self In

I know what you are all thinking before I talk about this: A Phillies fan upset with a classless act by another team's fan? I'm still pissed at the Phillies fan who shined a laser pointer at a Cardinals player last month.

Anyway, this idiot sitting in the front row in center field threw his beer at Shane Victorino as he was catching a fly ball. The Cubs were trailing 12-2 at the time and scored on the sacrifice fly during the play.

Yesterday, the fan identified as Johnny Macchione, 21, of Bartlett, IL turned himself in to the Chicago Police Dept. He was charged with misdemeanors of battery and illegal conduct in a sports facility.

Johnny? What are you 12? Throwing things at athletes and going by the name of Johnny? Grow a pair, be a man, and accept the fact that your team has been irrelevant in the sports world for over 100 years.

"It was a big mistake. I'd like to apologize to Shane Victorino," Macchione told reporters after bonding out of the Belmont Area Police Headquarters on Thursday night. "It really is nothing against him. It was a mistake, like I said.

"The Chicago Cubs -- I'm sorry I disgraced you, the fans of the Cubs, myself, my family. And that's all. The courts will handle itself."

It's a disgrace to any team's fans when a guy does something like this. I know from personal experience. Take your ball and go home, Johnny. Even the Cubs fans are more disgraced by your act then they would be of their team.

2 Comments:

Lance said...

My cubs couldn't beat the phillies, and to make it worse...a dumbass fan embarrassed us.

if it makes you feel any better, you knocked us out of the playoff race.

peace!

John "Roose" Russo said...

Don't bail on your team despite it's history. Remember the 2007 Phillies, who were down 7 games with 17 to go. Anything can happen.

http://team2beat.blogspot.com/2009/05/fim-14-2007-run.html